Monday, April 20, 2015

Technological Innovation in your Chosen Field

Looking at the technology in my field which is medical assisting, I feel like it is very advanced, but if I had to take a closer look at it and determine where would it be in 10 years. I would say when it comes to how patients are checked in when they arrive in the doctors office, I believe that they would start to have finger imagaing scanners to check patients in. Now when I go to my doctors office they ask for my name and an photo ID as well.

 I feel like this will possible change to finger imaging because not everyone has a photo ID nor do they remember to bring it with them all the time. Them having this finger imaging would be beneficial to everyone because once a patient comes in they can just have their finger scanned and all their personal information will pop up. And no one will be able to try and use other information and it will be easier on the person looking them up to find their information. On top of that no person information need to be shared between the two unless any updates are needed.


This will also save the offices using them lost of time when it comes to the check in process. Which in return I feel like the patients will be happier with shorter waiting times. Because in most doctors office that is the number one complaint that is received from visiting patients is how long they sit in the waiting room to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment